ESMA publishes guidelines on the reporting obligations for alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs)
On 1 October 2013, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published guidelines on reporting to supervisors under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD, 2011/61/EU).
- ESMA press release (ESMA/2013/1368)
The material published by ESMA includes Guidelines on reporting obligations, ESMA's Opinion on harmonised additional information requirements, and IT technical guidance with XML schema.
- Final report on Guidelines on reporting obligations under Articles 3(3)(d) and 24(1), (2) and (4) of the AIFMD (ESMA/2013/1339)
- Collection of information for the effective monitoring of systemic risk under Article 24(5), first sub-paragraph, of the AIFMD (ESMA Opinion) (ESMA/2013/1340)
- AIFMD reporting IT technical guidance (ESMA/2013/1358)
- Consolidated AIFMD reporting template (ESMA/2013/1359)
Tables 8-9-10 of Annex 2 of ESMA guidelines on reporting obligation (ESMA/2013/1360)
- AIFMD - Reporting - XML documents - V1.0 (ESMA/2013/1361)
The Guidelines will be translated into the official languages of the EU and once issued to the national supervisory authorities will enter into force two months from the date of publication of the translations. The Financial Supervisory Authority (FIN-FSA) will include the guidelines in its regulations and guidelines.
FIN-FSA will hold an information session in late 2013. The date of the session and details on how to register will be announced on the FIN-FSA website, under AIFM reporting. An invitation to the information session will also be sent to subscribers to the AIFM newsletter.
- AIFM reporting
- AIFM newsletter
For further information, please contact
- Hermanni Teräväinen, Market Supervisor, tel. +358 10 831 5346 or
- Liisa Rajala, Market Supervisor tel. +358 10 831 5326 .