Reporting of fraud data related to payment services – updated MF workbook available | National reporting (Virati)
The next deadline for reporting of fraud data related to payment services is 28 February 2020. Payment transactions executed in the period from 1 July to 31 December 2019 must be reported by that date.
The Financial Supervisory Authority has updated the MF workbook so that payment transactions executed without strong customer authentication may be input directly in the relevant cells (association with exemptions from strong customer authentication under Commission Regulation (EU) 2018/389 1 not required).
The updated workbook of the MF data collection is available for download in the Jakelu distribution service.
The data collection concerns the following groups of supervised entities:
- domestic payment institutions
- domestic registered institutions i.e. legal and natural persons providing payment service without authorisation
- branches of foreign payment institutions providing payment service in Finland
- domestic credit institutions providing payment services
- branches of foreign credit institutions providing payment service in Finland
Branches of domestic payment and credit institutions operating in other EEA member states must submit the data to the competent authority of the host country.
1 COMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2018/389 of 27 November 2017 supplementing Directive (EU) 2015/2366 of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to regulatory technical standards for strong customer authentication and common and secure open standards of communication
For further information, please contact:
- Technical issues and matters of interpretation relating to Virati reporting:
- Questions related to the content of the report:
Heli Mäkitalo, Risk Expert