FIN-FSA Board appointed for 2015–2017
The Parliamentary Supervisory Council has appointed the members of the FIN-FSA Board for the three-year period beginning 1 January 2015.
The members are
- Pentti Hakkarainen, Deputy Governor of the Bank of Finland
- Martti Hetemäki, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Finance
- Outi Antila, Director General at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
The designated alternative members for the aforementioned members are, respectively
- Kimmo Virolainen, Head of Department at the Bank of Finland
- Tuija Taos, Director, Legislative Counsellor, Ministry of Finance
- Mikko Kuusela, Senior Actuary at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
Also appointed as members were
- Pirkko Juntti, LLM
- CEO Vesa Vihriälä, Dr.Pol.Sc. Dr Vihriälä is a new addition to the Board
Pentti Hakkarainen was named as Chairman of the Board, and Martti Hetemäki as Vice Chairman.
The responsibilities of FIN-FSA and its Board are provided by law. The Board decides the overall strategy for supervisory activities, sets specific operational objectives and directs and supervises the achievement of objectives and compliance with the strategy. The Board comprises five members and sits for a term of three years. Members appointed on the basis of a proposal by the Bank of Finland, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health each have a designated alternative member.
For further information, please contact
- Pentti Hakkarainen, Deputy Governor of the Bank of Finland, tel. +358 10 831 2002