In this section, the Financial Supervisory Authority (FIN-FSA) has collected together information you might need as a customer. Here you will find information on various products and services offered in the financial markets as well as on your rights and obligations as a customer.
If you have problems with a service provider, follow these steps:
- Make a written record of the problems in question.
- Contact your service provider, e.g. bank or insurance company, at their office or via their service number.
- If the problem cannot be resolved or you demand compensation, make a written and as clear and detailed a demand for compensation as possible and deliver it to your service provider.
- If the problem is not resolved, contact the Financial Ombudsman Bureau (FINE).
More information on page Problems with a service provider.
This site does not provide investment advice or recommend any particular service, product or service provider.
The entities supervised by the FIN-FSA include
- non-life insurance, life insurance and reinsurance companies
- employee pension insurance companies
- pension funds
- pension and employee sickness funds and other employee benefit funds
- insurance associations
- unemployment funds
- other entities active in the insurance sector (including Local Government Pensions Institution, Church Central Fund)
- investment firms
- fund management companies
- Finnish Central Securities Depository (APK)
- stock exchange
- payment institutions
- Survey of availability and pricing of basic banking services
- Publications and press releases
- List of supervised entities
Finnish financial sector has so far withstood the effects of the coronavirus pandemic well - operating environment remains uncertain, however
Financial Supervisory Authority seminar: Digitalisation, artificial intelligence and data use are transforming financial services. What does this mean for the customer?
Financial Supervisory Authority permits temporary exemptions for implementation of strong customer authentication in online card payments
Report on anti-money laundering and its implementation in Europe emphasises need for sufficient supervision resources and importance of international cooperation
Macroprudential decision: Credit institutions’ systemic risk buffers unchanged
Wiseling Oy is not authorised by the Financial Supervisory Authority to provide investment services
EIOPA’s Consumer guide on life and pension insurance policies related to Brexit
Coronavirus has mobilised fraudsters – watch out for phishing attempts!
Fraudulent emails circulating in the name of the Financial Supervisory Authority
FIN-FSA imposes administrative fine on Hufvudstadsbladets Pensionsstiftelse for neglect of reporting